Archer C7 Is fast at first (11MB/s) then after a few hours is slow (100KB/s)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-04 21:12:32
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased an Archer C7 and was happy with the performance after I first hooked it up but then after coming back to it the next day I noticed that the performance had completely tanked. I've discovered that rebooting the router resolves the problem for a while but then it goes back to being slow after a few hours of inactivity.

To be clear I get about 11MB/s when I scp a file from my Linux machine to my Macbook retina after a reboot (I'm connecting with 5GHz) and then if I leave for the day and come back the same file transfer will only get roughly 100KB/s. Rebooting fixes the problem temporarily.

Reading through this forum has me considering throwing it in the garbage and making a mental note to avoid TP-Link in the future but I'll reserve judgement until after this thread runs it's course.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 Is fast at first (11MB/s) then after a few hours is slow (100KB/s)
2014-10-07 07:41:49
Samething here with latest firmware (sept 2014) and slowdown is on 2.4 Ghz.
Think I will go back to the previous firmware.
Options
Re:Archer C7 Is fast at first (11MB/s) then after a few hours is slow (100KB/s)
2014-10-09 09:37:50
What firmwares are your guys using? By the way, speed of wired connection to WDR4300 is working OK?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 927

Replies: 2

Related Articles