2.4 GHz antenna for a dual band router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-28 06:29:35
Region : Germany

Model : TL-ANT2408C

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello!

I have a simultanious dual-band router, namely the TL-WDR 3600, which has 2 antennas. I need to boost it's range (increase signal level in some locations distant from the router), and consider replacing the stock antennas with one or two 2408C.

The question is this, that the 2408C is a 2.4 GHz antenna, and the router simultaniously transmits in 2.4 and 5 GHz. Will the 2408C also transmit the 5 GHz signal? Since the 2408C will fully replace the stock antennas that might mean I'll fully lose the 5 GHz transmission... So how do I get out of this, since I'd like to keep the 5 GHz transmission (best-case: also boost it's power, worst-case: power of 5 GHz remains as it is).

Please advise, thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:2.4 GHz antenna for a dual band router
2014-07-02 10:00:46
2408c is 2.4Ghz only. Don't do that.

TP-LINK has no high gain dual-band antennas alone. You should find a dual-band antenna of brands.

In addition, I would rather solve this problem by adding a access point to the LAN port of 3600.

WDR3600-----------calble-------------------Access Point)))))))))))))))
Options
Re:2.4 GHz antenna for a dual band router
2014-07-07 06:39:59
I actually never heard of dual-band antennas, so thanks for this bit of info.

Now I've purchased a dual-band wi-fi extender because it can be just plugged into the outlet and requires no table to stand on or any wires (e.g. from power adapter), and I basically wanted to give these class of devices a try.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 882

Replies: 2

Related Articles