Is AC Router Technology Stable and Mature?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-30 09:27:56
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I want to get a new, faster router - specifically dual band to cut down interference. Before I had a DLink DIR 655 but the ethernet switch was cutting out now and then...

I was going to get the Archer C7 mostly for its economical price, speed & decent functionality… but after reading the negative reports here it put me off.

So I did more research and found that websites like CNET recommend Asus AC68U and Netgear R7000 as "the best router"

But then I read the real life user reviews on Amazon and the people complain about both of these routers as well: random rebooting, wifi signal drops, ethernet Lan connection disconnects … and wifi signal degrades after a time.

Looking on Netgear and Asus forums and people there also complain about reliability and functionality ( from rebooting, can't login to admin screen or USB hard drive can't read etc).

So is the AC technology mature and stable enough for general use yet?

Is it better to wait for a year or so until the bugs are fixed?

In the mean time I got an TPLink 841 300n router that works like a charm… runs cool, is fast and stable.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Is AC Router Technology Stable and Mature?
2014-05-02 10:44:45
Thank you very much… I am very interested in this router & will look for Version 2.0 in the shop.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 1

Related Articles