Router Blocking Certain (Image Heavy) Websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-27 23:21:57
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP : Melita

Me, along with many others from Malta have been having trouble with TP-Link routers when it comes to accessing websites with heavy image content such as tumblr.com, 9gag.com, etc. These sites are loading in plain text (As shown in the image below)
No firewalls or browser restrictions were effecting these sites. I then called up the ISP who said that the problem is from the TP-Link router which is blocking these sites for no apparent reason (and that many people are experiencing the same problem). I proceeded to upgrade the firmware of my router but when this didn't work I tried to reset the router. This did not work either.
Is this something that can be fixed from here or do the company need to release a new update to solve this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router Blocking Certain (Image Heavy) Websites
2014-05-02 09:59:12
Hey, figured I would register just to post this.

This is a DNS problem and should be easily fixed. I had the same issue as you and fixed it by changing the DNS setting on the router.

Depending on your model, go to the DHCP page on your router admin panel. Find the "Primary DNS" and "Secondary DNS" and input "8.8.8.8" in the primary and "8.8.4.4" in the secondary (These are for Google DNS).

Save settings, hit reset router and it should work. You can try to flush your DNS right after too (CMD > ipconfig /flushdns).

I have the TL-WR841N router FYI.
Options
Thank You
2014-05-02 19:44:48
Thanks MortenO

I was keeping an eye on this website to see if anyone came up with a solution.

Worked for me :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3056

Replies: 2

Related Articles