PA211KIT: Losing Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-14 01:23:12
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I recently treated myself to a set of the PA211KIT Powerline adapters. The performance is terrible though!

I have my media centre connected to one adapter with my router connected to the other one. Whilst streaming media, it often cuts off completely. I tried running a ping for 20 minutes from my media centre to the router and there was one entry with 'no reply'. I also noticed that most of the response times was 3ms but for every 30 or so replies, it was closer to 200ms.

Transferring data through them is slower than my wireless. I can wirelessly transfer a file at around 5MB/s but through the Powerline, it is more like 3.5MB/s (this obviously, at 28mbps is nowhere close to the advertised speeds).

I have tried multiple sockets with similar results. I live in a recently converted apartment block so I can't imagine the mains cabling is poor.

I don't really know what else to try. I'd be grateful for any ideas.....

Thanks
Nick
Options
1 Reply
Re:PA211KIT: Losing Connection
2014-04-17 09:17:44
You can install the TP-LINK powerline utility on your computer which is connected to the PA211.
The utility will show you the real powerline speed between your two PA211s.

If the powerline speed shown on utility is like 160Mbps, then it is normal.
On the contrary, if the speed is poor, then it means there are too much electric noise in your powerline circuit.

Here is the link of the TP-LINK powerline utility(Choose the right hardware version):
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=1657&model=TL-PA211KIT#down
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 1

Related Articles