Please answer few questions regarding my newly purchased Deco x20.

Wednesday - last edited Friday
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20240723 Red. 64983

I newly purchased x20 deco. I have got few questions , please answer all of them.

Q- The version the Deco x20 came with is V3.8 (IN). , my location is India.   I am unable to find the Deco x20 V3.8 version firmware page anywhere on tp link website. I request you to please provide the link where I could check and match with the website the latest firmware version for Deco x20 V3.8 Indian unit.  

Where can I see the beta firmware version for my above deco version model ?        please provide links for both beta and stable version on tp link website, for my above mentioned deco x20 v3.8.

Q- I am provided with ISP router by my ISP and he told me he can not enable bridge mode on the isp router so I have to enable "Access Point" mode on deco to avoid double nat but I have not set up my decos yet as I am still trying to convince ISP to convert the isp router to bridge mode.

I want to know that in "Access Mode" of Decox20,  do features like  "Beamforming, Device Isolation, MU-MIMO, OFDMA , 1024-QAM, BSS COLOR"  work ?

if not , which features do not work in "Access Point" mode ? 

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Please answer few questions regarding my newly purchased Deco x20.-Solution
Friday - last edited Friday

@Decorer247 

Hi, Thank you very much for the message.

Deco X20_V3.8 is the same as Deco X20_V3(x.8/x.6 presents the places of production). And the latest firmware for Deco X20_V3.8/V3.6/V3.0 is 1.2.1 Build 20240723 Rel. 64983.

After setting up Deco X20, Deco APP will check the current firmware and if it is not the latest version, it will guide you to update to the latest version from the Cloud server.

Deco X20 in AP mode still supports Beamforming, MU-MIMO, OFDMA , 1024-QAM, BSS COLOR, but no "Device Isolation" anymore.

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Thanks and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Please answer few questions regarding my newly purchased Deco x20.-Solution
Friday - last edited Friday

@Decorer247 

Hi, Thank you very much for the message.

Deco X20_V3.8 is the same as Deco X20_V3(x.8/x.6 presents the places of production). And the latest firmware for Deco X20_V3.8/V3.6/V3.0 is 1.2.1 Build 20240723 Rel. 64983.

After setting up Deco X20, Deco APP will check the current firmware and if it is not the latest version, it will guide you to update to the latest version from the Cloud server.

Deco X20 in AP mode still supports Beamforming, MU-MIMO, OFDMA , 1024-QAM, BSS COLOR, but no "Device Isolation" anymore.

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Thanks and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Please answer few questions regarding my newly purchased Deco x20.
Saturday - last edited Saturday

@David-TP    thankyou so much for taking your time and explaining me the above points in great depth. 

please answer few more-

Sir, where can I check the latest beta firmware version for my Deco x20 version 3.8 (IN) ?

Why is "Device isolation" & "QOS" not possible in Access point mode as well ? it would be great if you could implement this in future in access point mode?

How do I downgrade my Deco x20 v3.8. (IN) version to my current firmware version (which is working  very fine),    if in case a new update starts to make an issue with Deco usage?

thanks

Options
Saturday

@Decorer247 

Hi, "Device Isolation" requires clients to forward the network packets to the network/DHCP gateway and Deco is no longer the gateway when it is in AP mode.

You could subscribe to this post and if there is any beta firmware available for test, we will share it with the community.

lDeco Recap- Check What's Currently Going on With Deco

And you could refer to this link if you want to downgrade the firmware: How to Downgrade Deco

Best regards.

Options
Yesterday

@David-TP thankyou sir for your replies.

Options