X50 Deco wifi unstable and slow connection after update 1.5.5

13 hours ago
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

Hello, 

I need help with my Deco X50 Mesh setup as I truly don't know what to do anymore. 

A while ago I installed the 1.5.5 firmware update. That's where the problems started to happen. My wifi connection became very unstable. Where I used to reach 650-800 mbit/s down and 100 mbit/s up speeds wireless on the main deco, it lowered to 60-350 mbit/sec down and 0.5-60 up depending on the day and the moment of the day. I contacted my provider and they searched for the issue too and found out that when I turn on the wifi of my modem, I reach the same 650-800 speeds I used to have.

I reset all deco's to factory setting and then I reïnstalled them to see if that would solve anything. It would create a 10 minute solution where I got a boost of speed to my normal speeds, but then it would go down again. The I contacted the TP Link cutomer service chat that would go to the solution to turn off UPNP and SIP ALG. Sadly I need to access my network from out of the house, so this solution is unsustainable. Also the solution again worked for 10 minutes. 

I tried Router and access mode both. I tried the DNS setting to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, Again reïnstalling my deco's and fast roaming on and off, nothing seemed to work.

This made me look into the matter as the problem starts with the main deco X50. I eventually found out that more people are having this issue. One of the solutions was that the update was lowering the bandwith to 0.1. This however did not happen to me, so that solution did not work for me. Then I found out there is a beta update available to try out for solving the solutio, which upgrades the deco to firmware 1.6.0 (which they are at present). This only further lowered my speeds and did not solve a thing. 

So the final solution was to downgrade to firmware 1.4.1. Sadly at the step where I need to create a static IP, my laptop disconnects from the internet entirely, making it impossible to do anything after that. 

So now here I am, posting this message in the hope someone can help me with my problem. 

Also: Cabled everything works perfectly and creates 0 issues. The problem is only on my Wifi connection, which I use a lot on certain devices not equiped with a ethernet port.

My internet package is 1gb/s down and 100mb/s up.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:X50 Deco wifi unstable and slow connection after update 1.5.5
4 hours ago

So as a continuance on the situation. I managed to downgrade to 1.4.1 in the end. But somehow the problems persists.. I truly have no clue on what to do anymore. 

is there anyone that can help me?

Options