Will X50 and E4 be connected?

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have an existing network at home where there are 2x Deko X50, and I need to connect a converter to the pergola that does not have WiFi, I am thinking of buying a TP-Link Deco E4 so that I can connect this player to the network, will the TP-Link Deco E4 unit work wirelessly in the network from the X50?
Can the TP-Link Deco E4 be wirelessly connected to an existing network from the X50 (both units are connected by cable)
Or what other unit to choose, I don't want to invest in the X50 outdoor, it is unnecessarily expensive.
Thanks for the advice.
Jack

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Will X50 and E4 be connected?-Solution

@Jack_333 Yes, the TP-Link Deco E4 can be connected wirelessly to your existing Deco X50 network. Both models are compatible with each other and can work together as part of a single mesh network. However, the E4 may offer slower speeds compared to the X50, as it has lower specifications. If you're primarily looking for basic connectivity in your pergola, the Deco E4 should work fine, but keep in mind potential speed limitations.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Will X50 and E4 be connected?
a week ago

@Jack_333 

Deco E4 should work fine, all Decos models will work together.

BT Full fibre 500, 1x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options
a week ago

@klipse 

Thank you for the quick reply, I was wondering if I don't have to have a 2nd unit of the same unit, if another Deco unit will connect wirelessly to the existing network created by the X50, and will provide internet connection via the LAN connector to the connected device.

Options
a week ago

@Jack_333 

Hi, Deco E4 can wirelessly connect to one of the Deco X50s, and provide an Ethernet connection for the converter to the pergola.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Will X50 and E4 be connected?-Solution

@Jack_333 Yes, the TP-Link Deco E4 can be connected wirelessly to your existing Deco X50 network. Both models are compatible with each other and can work together as part of a single mesh network. However, the E4 may offer slower speeds compared to the X50, as it has lower specifications. If you're primarily looking for basic connectivity in your pergola, the Deco E4 should work fine, but keep in mind potential speed limitations.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@Jack_333 

Thank you for the reassurance, the X50 is an unnecessary luxury for me when I only intend to connect a web radio and there the speed is not essential for me, and also the unit will be placed outside under the roof, that's why I chose the cheapest model I can find.

Options