No internet access (TL-SG1024)

Saturday - last edited Saturday
Model: TL-SG1024  
Hardware Version: V16
Firmware Version: Unknown

I have the unmanaged switch and set it up a few days ago.

I am in a new building house with built in access points in each room that all lead back to my comms cabinet when I have my modem and TP switch.

I have never been able to access the management of the switch by SSH, TELNET, DIRECT or WEBUI, I've also never been able to ping the switch even though everything is on the same subnet.

The switch worked for a few days but now any end device that isn't an extender is not working. But if I by pass the switch the end device connects to the Internet, I have also tested the access points and cables with a cable tester and can confirm that each end point can communicate.

It's quite frustrating because extenders work but when I use and end device (Desktop,

laptop, PS5) it does not.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:No internet access (TL-SG1024)
Yesterday

@Dean95 

As you wrote TL-SG1024 is an unmanaged switch. It doesn't have any SSH, TELNET, DIRECT or WEBUI access as such nor IP address - it's a plug'n'play device, i.e. no configuration needed. You should be able to confirm if it works by its "Power", "1000Mbps", "Link/Action" LEDs on its front panel.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options