M% main hub intermittently restarts

M% main hub intermittently restarts

18 Reply
Re:M% main hub intermittently restarts
Sunday

@Mattjtemp 

Disregard that last bit on the ethernet, that's all working. Unfortunately my consistent ping finished when my laptop went into sleep mode, but it's running again and I've done the credit card and various things for about an hour and no drop out yet. Will know for sure if nothing by the end of the day.

Options
Sunday

@Alexandre. 

Couple of observations, 90 minutes in, no drop outs on the internet seen and I have the Sonos back up and it's noticeably more responsive.

Options
Sunday

@Mattjtemp Sorry, just wondering, are you seeing better performance with the Decos in access point mode? I always assumed it was better to have them in Router mode.

Wonder if I should consider switching.mine. Any other noted differences or feature losses?

Options
Sunday
I'm not sure I'd say the general performance of the household internet is any better, a quick internet speed test and it looks about the same, maybe download is a little slower. However, I changed to AP 6 hours ago, and have been running a continual ping, I can see occasional timeouts but no outage and have noticed no outage since doing so. The only change for the better beyond that, is my Sonos is responding really well, I used to see occasional room drop outs, or it would take a while to connect to music on the NAS, it's all instant, sort of like it used to be.
Options
Sunday

@Alexandre. 

So over 10 hours in and the internet has not dropped out once and the Sonos is solid too, does this mean I had the modem as a router and the Deco too and it was causing a clash, which made the main deco hub reset and caused disruption/inconsistency on the Sonos?

If so, are the next steps to look at the modem and to try and ensure it's not acting as a router, and return the deco to wifi router mode?

Options
Sunday

@Mattjtemp 

I would suggest different approach. Keep Deco mesh in Access Point mode. Rewire Deco the following way:

In Access Point mode, you do not need Main Deco between the switch and modem/router. Rewiring Deco units the way above will improve your wired LAN performance and could also improve WiFi performance.

Options
Monday

@Alexandre. 

Ok, so I've done that, which means my set up is a little neater, is tht a permanent thing, I did a quick google on the differences but is there anything sunstantive I'm losing?

Options
Tuesday

@Mattjtemp 

Just keep this setup, it is the best you can have for Deco mesh running in Access Point mode.

Options