Manually change Deco's wifi channel

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 build 20231227 Rel. 63632

I hope your company can add the high end Deco to the wifi channels that can be changed manually, in the environment I am using it, I have to be on channel 10 to get higher internet speed and stability. However, at the moment, I have to keep restarting to get what I want, which is very inconvenient. Moreover, the difference in speed between different channels can be as high as 15~35 M. So I hope your company can seriously consider to turn on this feature, thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Manually change Deco's wifi channel
a week ago

@JianHan +1 but I think that will unlikely happen. Deco designed to be easy to use as much as possible and they decided not to add features difficult to understand for normal user. So all works mostly automatically, including WiFi channel select. Of course it works worse than manual channel select, but that's by design and nothing to do. If You need detailed settings, buy router.🤷🏻

Deco BE65 x 2-pack / Wireless backhaul / AP mode / JP
Options
Monday
If they don't want us to be manually changing the channels then at the very least they need to fix their Network Optimization feature. It keeps picking the most crowded channels and says its perfect..... The decos are by no means a cheap mesh system, such feature has to be part and parcel of customization.
Options
Wednesday

@JianHan 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

For the Deco X95, I do see there is a new firmware version which has optimized the 2.4GHz channel selection among the Mesh system. If you want to test this beta version, you could find it in the private message.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 131

Replies: 3

Related Articles