IoT network isolation

IoT network isolation

IoT network isolation
IoT network isolation
Yesterday
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 Build 20240628 rel.37017(4555)

Hello, I have started a wireless network dedicated to IoT on my device. Theoretically, as I understand it, devices connected to this network should not be able to connect to (or see) devices on the "classic" Wi-Fi network. However, this is not the case, and device "A" connected to the IoT network is able to communicate with device "B" in the "classic" network. Why is this happening? Is this how it's supposed to work? Is there a way to prevent this? Thank you in advance for your response.

Options
3 Reply
Re:IoT network isolation
21 hours ago

@szewciulek 

Hi,

The "IoT network" feature allows you to setup a separate SSID with a separate password and separate security (e.g. if you wanted to make your main network WPA3-only, but some devices don't support WPA3). That's all.

If you want to isolate certain devices, then use the "Device Isolation" feature under "Advanced" -> "Security".

Options
21 hours ago

@woozle Will devices in a standard network still be able to communicate with each other and those in the IoT network be separated from them?

Options
17 hours ago - last edited 17 hours ago

@szewciulek 

If you use device isolation, the isolated devices can communicate with each other.  The devices that are not isolated can also communicate with other devices that are not isolated.  It does not matter whether the devices are connected to the main network or the IoT network, i.e. isolated devices are grouped together and the non-isolated devices are grouped together.

Options