Bluetooth Adapter not powering on in Linux (Bazzite)

14 hours ago
Model: UB500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently bought this Bluetooth adapter to upgrade the Bluetooth capabilites of my Rog Ally X as the solution it comes with is quite weak. I am however running into issues when using said adapter in Bazzite, a linux distro built from Fedora. I am using my Ally with a dock, and the adapter is plugged into said dock as the Ally does not have any USB-A ports. The Bazzite OS fully recognises that the adapter is connected, but whenever a device attempts to connect to it, it provides the error message: "br-connection-adapter-not-powered". Would appreciate some potential remedies for this issue, and can provide further information and screenshots if needed.

Error Message

Options
1 Reply
Re:Bluetooth Adapter not powering on in Linux (Bazzite)
42 minutes ago

@Buddle 

Hi,

I don't know if this works on your Linux distro or whether it will do anything good, but you could try the following.

At a command prompt run the command "bluetoothctl".
After "bluetoothctl" has started up it should show its own command prompt.
At that command prompt enter the command "power on" and see what happens.
In case there is a second Bluetooth adapter installed in your Linux (you mentioned something about upgrading your BT capabilities), then you might first need to "list" the installed adapters and then "select [MAC address]" the UB500 adapter.

Options