AX73 Agregation (Static LAG)

Wednesday - last edited Wednesday
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hi,

I bought a Tenda TEM2010F switch that supports 2.5Gbit/s and supports Static Aggregation. This switch is set to Static LAG and the specific ports are connected to a TP-Link Archer AX73 router where these ports are selected as link aggregation. However, I don't see anywhere in the router's management if the aggregation is working or not. According to the measurements over Wifi, I can't get over 1Gbit/s, which I should (I assume that the aggregation doubles the bitrate). I'm measuring against a server at home, which is connected with a 2.5Gbit network card to this 2.5Gbit switch (full speed goes over the LAN).

I tried both the Static LAG and LACP variants, unfortunately there is nothing to read in the log.

File:
Snímek obrazovky 2024-09-25 v 12.57.02.pngDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX73 Agregation (Static LAG)-Solution

@Petr89 

Hi,

Link Aggregation does not double the bitrate straight away. It doubles the capacity of the connection. It's about parallelism.

Try this. Connect a second computer to the the AX73 and then let the speed test you already did before run on both computers simultaneously.

If the LAG was working properly, then both computers should be able to reach 1 Gbps at the same time, which would mean there are 2 Gbps being transferred over the connection between the AX73 and the network switch.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:AX73 Agregation (Static LAG)-Solution

@Petr89 

Hi,

Link Aggregation does not double the bitrate straight away. It doubles the capacity of the connection. It's about parallelism.

Try this. Connect a second computer to the the AX73 and then let the speed test you already did before run on both computers simultaneously.

If the LAG was working properly, then both computers should be able to reach 1 Gbps at the same time, which would mean there are 2 Gbps being transferred over the connection between the AX73 and the network switch.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:AX73 Agregation (Static LAG)
Wednesday

@woozle 

Yeah, I understand. So one connection will go at the maximum port speed (1Gbit/s), but two simultaneous connections (parallel transmission) should theoretically reach twice that. 

So this feature doesn't help me much, I wanted to make the most of the fast Wifi 6 that the router supports when transferring data from my server, but the limitation is currently its 1Gbit ports. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 69

Replies: 2

Related Articles