Deco X60_V3/3.2-1.3.0 Supports ECO Mode,WireGuard VPN and WiFi Access Control

Deco X60_V3/3.2-1.3.0 Supports ECO Mode,WireGuard VPN and WiFi Access Control

23 Reply
Re:Deco X60_V3/3.2-1.3.0 Supports ECO Mode,WireGuard VPN and WiFi Access Control
неделю назад

@David-TP

Hello David ,

I hope you are doing well.

I couldn't see the DoH/DoT feature in the list. Is this feature planned to come? Also, does the AI driven mesh feature require a hardware requirement?

The x60 model has a more powerful cpu and a higher number of antennas than the x50 model, but there is no ai driven mesh feature.

What is the golden rule here? It should be for AI driven.

Options
Re:Deco X60_V3/3.2-1.3.0 Supports ECO Mode,WireGuard VPN and WiFi Access Control
неделю назад

@azafrak 

Hi, the DoH/DoT feature will not be added until the 1.12.0 platform. Currently, only Deco X50/X55_V1_1.6.0 has added this feature.

the AI-driven mesh does require a hardware support. I see the product overview page of Deco X60 did mention the support of AI-driven Mesh, which should be enabled by default without extra configuration.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/deco/deco-x60/v3/

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@David-TP

I want to ask one last thing :))

What does it mean that it will not be added until the 1.12 platform? So will doh/dot never come to the x60 v3.20 device or will it come, but do we have to wait for a long time?

So I'm asking without going into details. At the end of the day, will the x60 doh/dot feature win :)

Love, I wish you a healthy day.

Footnote: Will 160mhz support come to x60? While 160mhz is supported in devices that are weaker than the X60, it is curious that it does not have x60.

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

@David-TP  Hello, I successfully created a network with only 1 Deco x60 V3. The network is giving output with 160 MHz. However, there is no way to set it to 80 Mhz. Can you check whether it's problem with my unit? Because deco V3 is marketed as AX3600 and V3.2 as AX5400. So, is that causing any problem? Can you again check with engineers. 

Options
Monday

Not to threadjack, but how are you X60 owners finding your devices? I see support for versions older than 3.0 is non existent now, but are the later models supported well? Regret the purchase at all given the X50 seems to be ahead in terms of features?

Just trying to decide between the two, ha

Options
Tuesday

@ConcernedUser 

very happy with my X60 v3.2. I run my 1x X60 with a M9 plus in access point mode. X60 takes most of the wifi traffic and I generally get full speed and good coverage around my whole 3/4 bedroom house. 

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options
Tuesday

@klipse Thanks. Do you find the X60 has better coverage than the M9 Plus?

Just tricky to decide because by the looks for it, V1/V2 of the X60 all but lack support now, missing major features and there's no telling which model you end up with if you get one. Comparatively all the X50 models seem well supported and more feature rich than the X60. The X60 also seems hard to find for purchase, wouldn't want TP-Link to just abandon it altogether like the X90. 

Options
Wednesday

@ConcernedUser 

Hi, yes X60 coverage is slightly more than M9, my intention was to get the X50/X55 however managed to pick up this X60 off of eBay for a reasonable price so just went for it. I think you will be safe going for the X50 as like you say its well supported and a bit more feature rich than X60.

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

@klipse Thanks, interesting it's only slightly more coverage, thought it might be a bit stronger than that. 

I'm in a similar situation, the X60 isn't too much more than the X50 for two units, but then long term support is a concern. What I like about the X60 is it's 4 antennas/6 streams and that it's quad core rather than dual. Just Seemed like it might squeeze a bit more than the X50. Hard to decide but I appreciate the help. 

As a bonus, the early versions (V1/V2) of the X60 come with homecare, but they're the versions that don't seem to get any support or features lol. I wonder just how far behind they are. 

Options
Wednesday

@David-TP 

Hello David,

After updating to the beta version, useful features such as 160 mhz support and improved qos came to the x60 v3.2 version. But I've been testing the beta version for a few days, the network is a little inconsistent. Ping increases from time to time, packet loss in games is too much. From time to time, the devices switch to the main deco, which is far from mesh deco. Although these devices are manually selected which deco to connect to, they do so. In addition, the data traffic on the devices does not appear correct, usually the KB value is always visible.

These are the problems that catch my eye right now.

Options
Related Articles