Connection Sometimes Limited To Very Low Speed

Tuesday
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1030.22.202.2018

I have 200 mbps internet speed at my house. I've had the TL-WN823N for some time and when it works properly I get speeds nearing 200 mbps as it should. However, for some reason the connection gets limited to 4.5 mbps too many times. I thought that the adapter may have been problem, so now I bought the Archer T3U, but I still get the exact same problem.

I want to use this adapter instead of my internal adapter in my laptop, because it is faulty. Disabling that adapter hasn't worked out. From all my tests it just seems to be a random event. When I turn my wifi on and off or restart my PC the speed is either good or limited to 4.5 mbps. Sometimes it needs half an hour to break the limit and function properly. I would really like to use this adapter, but it is just impractical. Since I am bound Amazon's return period, I would really appreciate a fast reply.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connection Sometimes Limited To Very Low Speed
Wednesday

@5had0w 

Hi,

You can first try the troubleshooting steps here in case 1.

Do you have another computer that can test the adapter? And what is the operating system of your computer?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@Sunshine 

Sorry for skipping the troubleshooting page. The WiFi-strenght is good, so I am not worrying about that. The properties of device didn't give me a direct option to change the frequencies, so I could only try switching the wifi mode to IEEE 802.11b/g/n for testing the 2.4 GHz band. I am still experiencing the same problem on that band. I haven't done anything with changing the channel and its width, because I wouldn't know what to do with it, and I don't think that interference should be a problem for this device anyway. All devices in this home work great with the WiFi. I don't have an ethernet cable lying around easily, so I haven't tested the link speed. Since I always had stable high performing speeds with my internal wifi adapter, whenever my laptop could recognize the adapter, I don't think that this is a problem. I've just been able to test the adapter on another PC, and there it also seems to be the case that there is like a 20% probability that the adapter will limit its speed to approx. 4.5 mbps on startup of the adapter. I am currently running the latest version of Windows 11. I have installed the driver that the TP-Link support website provided. I gave the driver version when starting this thread.

Options
4 hours ago

@5had0w 

Hi,

Please test the wireless link speed.

And please also try this driver: WindowsDriver_1030.44.0408.2024_Drv

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 53

Replies: 3

Related Articles