TP-LINK UE306 not working

Tuesday
Model: UE300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

TP LINK ue306 does not work, it says "Connected, but there is no access to the Internet" I downloaded the drivers, it did not help. I use windows 10. Internet is available, the adapter itself blinks. I connect it in usb 2.0, could this be a problem? Or what could it be?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-LINK UE306 not working
Tuesday

@Founder_ 

Hi,

The UE306 should work fine in a USB 2.0 port.

Where is the other end of the Ethernet network cable connected to? To a network router? If yes, are there any other devices connected to that router via Ethernet cable? 

Options
Thursday - last edited Thursday

@woozle 

Hi woozle!

I live in an apartment, there is no router, the other end probably goes somewhere outside the apartment. moreover, I also have a computer that works perfectly with this cable, but when I remove this cable from the computer and insert it into my UE306, it says "No access to the network"

Options
Thursday

@Founder_ 

Hi,

Do you remember if the other computer that works fine was previously registered with whoever provides the Internet connection in your apartment? 

I am wondering whether the Internet provider might be restricting access based on the MAC address of the network card. 

Options
Yesterday

@woozle 

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know, I bought this adapter for my girlfriend, and she lives with her grandmother, and I doubt that she remembers or knows anything. But you are probably right. I will take this adapter home and test it myself. I have a router at home, and I have no restrictions on connecting devices.

But if it is still an provider, what can I do?

Options