TL-SF1005P - PoE question

Tuesday - last edited Wednesday
Model: TL-SF1005P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.0

I have just bought this switch to support a PoE Camera and a non PoE device. The little Instruction guide states 'PoE ports can also connect to non PoE devices but only transmit data'. Is this really the case? If so I guess the non PoE device (a WiFi access point) will not work? is that true please?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SF1005P - PoE question-Solution

@Knee 

That means in case of non-PoE device the ethernet cable will transmit only data but not power and it should work as long as you had it powered.

Non-PoE device should provide different power supply option which you could use to power it up (like power adapter, passive PoE adapter, etc.).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SF1005P - PoE question-Solution

@Knee 

That means in case of non-PoE device the ethernet cable will transmit only data but not power and it should work as long as you had it powered.

Non-PoE device should provide different power supply option which you could use to power it up (like power adapter, passive PoE adapter, etc.).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TL-SF1005P - PoE question
Wednesday

@terziyski ,

thank you so much for the rapid reply, it has answered my issue. I think the word 'but' in the instructions comment confused me, replacing this with the word 'as' would have made more sense.

Many thanks again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 58

Replies: 2

Related Articles