AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender password not same as router despite claim it should be

AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender password not same as router despite claim it should be

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I set up my Range extender RE315 by pressing the WPS button on the router and then the WPS button on the extender as described in the installation guide. It works fine with an Ethernet connection, but the password to access it via Wi-Fi does not appear to be the same as the router despite the claim that it should be. I have tried the original wireless key that the router came with as well as the current one. It just says incorrect password. The router is a technicolor TG588v v2. Thanks for any help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender password not same as router despite claim it should be-Solution

@MikeJH 

If the WPS method doesn't work for you try the one through the RE315's WebGUI - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender password not same as router despite claim it should be-Solution

@MikeJH 

If the WPS method doesn't work for you try the one through the RE315's WebGUI - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender password not same as router despite claim it should be
2 weeks ago

@terziyski  Thanks for that. I reset the RE315 and went to http://tplinkrepeater.net on my laptop and set it up that way. The password for the range extender is now the same as the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 95

Replies: 2

Related Articles