Deco X20 app shows multiple "Device_xxxx" that goes offline and online multiple times

Deco X20 app shows multiple "Device_xxxx" that goes offline and online multiple times

a week ago
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 Build 20240718 Rel. 44414

Hi, this morning i had no internet on my Deco mesh network, so I've checked the app. There ware multiple "Device_xxxx" (Device_5CF3 or similar name). By multiple I mean more then 10. I was like some neighbor has Deco and somehow connected to my network and I blocked all those devices.... and all my 3 deco devices start glowing in red at the same moment and the app went offline. I had to reset all 3 of them and create new network from scratch... I'm using Access Point setup in the cable variant: 1 main router from ISP -> switch -> 3 Deco's connected to switch 

After my new setup I have internet, but the strange devices keep showing and going off all day long.

Notice how one of the devices mirrors the trafic of my laptop. I'm pretty sure this is one of the Deco's, but I have no Idea why the app shows 4 and why at all shows them like "unknown" devices. Can be app or firmware update issue, but I realy don't know whats going on.

I've made sure I unplug every other hardware that I have from the "LAN" cable network so all those are not mine. Please help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X20 app shows multiple "Device_xxxx" that goes offline and online multiple times
a week ago

@goranovs 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested to install the latest beta firmware here to see whether it helped with the current issue:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/697580

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X20 app shows multiple "Device_xxxx" that goes offline and online multiple times
a week ago

Hi @David-TP,

Can I ask when is expected the official update to be released? I don't feel comfortable installing beta's manualy as it's not clear if it's going to fix my issue or create new one.

Best

Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

Hi @David-TP, Your lack of response is very unprofessional personally and on company level. I'm definitely going to consider that next time I purchase new network devices. Zero response on any of the tp-link support channels, both community and company. I've decided to try manually update my 3 deco units. After successful update to the Beta version of the firmware there is no change. The issue still persists. The lack of support and clarity on the problem is very frustrating and I regret investing in tp-link and deco.

Options