X60 Deco high latency and intermittent

3 недель назад - last edited 3 недель назад
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 build 20240718 Rel.44414

I have a  Deco X60 3-device mesh ( i am NOT sure about the HW version as i see No montion of HW version on the deco.)

The First(main) Deco device is connected to the main internet provider by wire.

The second Deco device is connected to the first Deco by wire.

the third Deco is connected to the first Deco thru Wireless.

I am noticing intermittent high latency and disconnections (no response for minutes) to the wireless devices. Works fine for a few hours and we see a sudden bout of high latency and after 10-15 minutes, it seems to work fine again.  When in the problem state, i canot even ping anything on the internet.

i have scheduled it for daily reboot at 3 AM Local time.

It is currently operating as an access point. I would have used it as a router if i didnot have this high latency and disconnection problems.

My 8-year old asus router is working better than this one in terms of consistency. I bought the Deco to replace my asus mesh as one of my asus devices died after 8 years. The surviving asus router works more consistently than this Deco system but obviously the reach of deco is better. (When i have teh deco isn a problem sate, i connect to my asus and it works fine so the internet provider itself seems fine.

I also see many other Deco X60 customers with a similar compliant. Is this a softwarre issue? No where have i seen a solution(other than asking to disable beamforming etc)

I have disabled beamforming but that didnot help much. I still have fast Roaming feature on.

Any help apprieciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:X60 Deco high latency and intermittent
3 недель назад

@taurusks 

Hi, Thank you very muhc for the feedback.

The hardware version should be V4.0(4.6). I don't think it is any known issue.

If we temporarily power off the third wireless Deco, will the latency and disconnection disappear when there are only two wired Deco X60s?

Can I have the model number of the mobile devices that intermitently dropped out?

Do they mainly connect to the 2.4Ghz band?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:X60 Deco high latency and intermittent
3 недель назад

@David-TP 

Thanks for your resposne.

I have 2.4 & 5 GHz enabled.

The devices are the following(see it on all ofthem when the problem happens):

1) Macbook pro. (connects as 5GHz)

2) Iphone 15. (Connects 5 GHz)

3) Dell Inspiron (windows).  (Not sure if it connects 2.4 or 5Ghz)

However, my desktop(windows) which is connected by wire, seems to work without issues.

I have not tried disabling the third deco connected thru Wireless. I can try this and eport back.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 125

Replies: 2

Related Articles