DHCP of router does not give IP after restarting DECO

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20231228 Rel. 53314

Hi,

Every time I reboot my DECOs M4, the Router/DHCP (Mitrastar) stops allowing connections through the DECOs.

The only solution I have found is to reboot the router right after the deco's, but.. the real problem it's when I have electricity cut, as the router is under a UPS system and the DECOS not, all the Wi-Fi devices will never reconnect properly until I manually reset the router.

My DECO is configured as AP, so DHCP is managed by the router. Fast Roaming and Beamforming are enabled

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening in this strange case?

Options
6 Reply
Re:DHCP of router does not give IP after restarting DECO
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Adrz 

In Deco app, open More/Advanced and check if you have Smart DHCP setting there. If you do, is it set to Enabled or Disabled? 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Alexandre. Thanks for reply.

I don't have this option "Smart DHCP", maybe it doesn't exist on Deco M4...

Options
3 weeks ago

@Adrz 

Hi, the current firmware of Deco M4_v3 doesn't have smart DHCP on/off under AP mode.

Did the main Deco M4 turn red after restarting?

- Would temporarily unplug/plug the Ethernet cable between ISP router and main Deco help, instead of rebooting the ISP router?

By the way, is the ISP router the only device that connected to the main Deco M4 via an Ethernet cable?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hello  @David-TP , thanks for reply

Did the main Deco M4 turn red after restarting?

Yes, but after few minutes it turns white. The second Deco M4 has red led until I restart the router.

Would temporarily unplug/plug the Ethernet cable between ISP router and main Deco help, instead of rebooting the ISP router?

I tried but not works.

By the way, is the ISP router the only device that connected to the main Deco M4 via an Ethernet cable?

No, there are other siwtches and devices.

Well, to sum up, here are some details that I have seen when performing these tests:

Restart the main Deco or remove power from the main deco and reconnect or disconnect the internet cable and reconnect

- No WiFi device can connect. The main Deco starts yellow light, then red and then white.

- The second Deco M4 has red light and any Wi-Fi device can be connected until I restart the ISP router.
- If I connect a device by ethernet cable it cannot obtain IP from the router.

- If I disconnect the ethernet cable from de main Deco, all ethernet devices works fine (before and after the restart).

This behaviour seems very very weird, looks like a compatibility issue between my ISP router and Deco M4?

Options
3 weeks ago

@Adrz 

HI, Thank you very much for the update.

I'd like to follow up on your case via email so that I could ask for the senior engineer for more advice.

Please check whether you could receive my email later.

By the way, is the satellite Deco M4 wirelessly connected to the main Deco M4?

-if both are connected via Ethernet cables to the switch, can I have the model number of the switch?

And are you able to constantly reproduce this issue?

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hello  @David-TP , thank you for help and reply,

is the satellite Deco M4 wirelessly connected to the main Deco M4?

Yes, I live in a two-story house and the main Deco connects with the secondary (satellite) Deco wirelessly.

And are you able to constantly reproduce this issue?
Yes only when I reboot from APP/Web, disconnect/connect the power and disconnect/connect the ethernet cable.

Thank you in advance

Options