What is the support life cycle for Deco?

2024-08-26 09:34:58
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Does anyone know how long TP-Link supports their products?  Since a phone app is the only way to access the divice, the hardware I purchased today could in theory become 'incompatable' with the current version of the app and thus unmanagable.  I looked through the knowledge base but didn't see anything.

Options
2 Reply
Re:What is the support life cycle for Deco?
2024-08-27 04:45:16

@malibu66 

Since a phone app is the only way to access the divice, the hardware I purchased today could in theory become 'incompatable' with the current version of the app and thus unmanagable.

It doesn't work like that. Deco app version has nothing to do with Deco hardware/firmware version.

Also, Deco app is not "the only way" to access Deco routers. There's also the web UI, but the app is the main way to manage them.

All I could find regarding support life cycle (from TP-Link) is this page: Duration of Security Support

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:What is the support life cycle for Deco?
2024-08-27 06:41:20 - last edited 2024-08-27 06:41:58

@malibu66 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.
The Deco APP was introduced alongside the release of the first Deco model and has been continuously updated to accommodate new models and advanced features. Till now, there has been no feedback suggesting that the Deco APP is incompatible with earlier models., and currently, the Deco APP is able to configure and manage all Deco products.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 161

Replies: 2

Related Articles