Struggling to get IP from Deco DHCP server, most of the IP that my laptop get was Duplicate

Struggling to get IP from Deco DHCP server, most of the IP that my laptop get was Duplicate

2024-08-23 03:47:51
Tags: #Network Connectivity #IP Duplicate
Model: Deco X10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20240111 Rel. 84321

So i got 2 deco, the main one will be getting internet from my Firewall (Firewall DHCP is Disabled) and my Deco will act as a Router to provide WIFI. 

The problem is sometimes my laptop will not able to get internet access due to IP duplicate, until my laptop able to grab an IP from the DHCP or maybe sometimes not able to get and will need to restart my Deco.

Can someone help?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Struggling to get IP from Deco DHCP server, most of the IP that my laptop get was Duplicate
2024-08-23 06:18:25

@HelpMee What's your network setup exactly?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Struggling to get IP from Deco DHCP server, most of the IP that my laptop get was Duplicate
2024-08-23 09:19:07

@HelpMee ISP > Mikrotik router > Firewall (No DHCP) > Deco Router (WIFI+DHCP Server) > Laptop (WIFI)

We don't have Windows DHCP services on our DNS servers.

Options
2024-08-26 03:03:47 - last edited 2024-08-26 03:04:02

@HelpMee 

Hi,

You may try to set a static IP for your computer, or you can also try to set up an IP reservation for the laptop.

How to configure Address Reservation on a Deco

If the issue still exists, what IP address will the laptop get when connecting to Deco?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options