Deco mesh x50 nightmare

Deco mesh x50 nightmare

Deco mesh x50 nightmare
Deco mesh x50 nightmare
2024-08-18 18:12:04
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a 6 mesh system at home with around 50 smart home devices (from all brands almost) since I upgraded to the x50, 1) the connection between the nodes is rarely stable (mind u 2 of them are 5 meters apart with no walls), 2) all my smart devices either lose completely internet access randomly or are always offline (sometimes they don't appear online on déco app but are connected through dedicated app)... It's a nightmare that is pushing me to change the whole system .... I tried everything (fast roaming disabled beam forward disabled ....) Nothing works! Any idea what's happening? I can't control anything at my place anymore and the different automations aren't working!

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco mesh x50 nightmare
2024-08-20 08:49:09

@Chadi 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are all the Deco X50 units wirelessly connected into the Mesh system? Can I have some screenshots of your network topology, such as:

Can I have the brands of your 50 smart home devices? Are they all 2.4GHz only?

Do you use a central management server to control all of them, like HomeAssistant, Apple HomeKit or Google Home?

-If they are all 2.4GHz only devices and some of them don't need to communicate with other devices, since the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band is susceptible to interference from other wireless signals on the same frequency, it is suggested to move part of (10~15) to the Guest 2.4GHz band.

Please also try to run "Network Optimization" under Deco APP>More occationally to adjust the 2.4Ghz wireless channel.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-08-21 09:25:24

@David-TP 

Thx for ur reply! Here s some screenshots 

Mind you kitchen and living room are 5 meters away in an open area

I have Google, tado, tapo, sonoff, deye, Samsung, LG , cosori, iRobot, eufy, sonos .... Products 

Most on 2.4 yes 

I use Google home as well as home assistant to make everything work together 

Already tried network optimisation several times 

And I don't think if I moved everything to a iot network it will be enough since the connection between the nodes is not stable no?

Options
2024-08-21 11:15:20

And here's how it randomly loses connection 

Options
2024-08-22 07:34:58

@Chadi 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

Are mainly the Kitchen and Garage Deco frequently disconnected a lot?

- Did they turn flashing red during the disconnection?

- Do you need to temporarily restart these two Mesh units to get them back online?

I'd like to follow up on your case via email and ask the senior engineer for more advice.

Please also check whether you have received my email.

Best regards.

Options
2024-08-22 10:04:12

@David-TP 

Thx for the help

Yes mainly kitchen and hence garage go offline (tried to switch also living room and kitchen but same problem) they go red no flashing (at least didn't notice) and have to manually disconnect and reconnect for them to work (for a while)

As I'm writing this: almost all my home automation is down due to the disconnection ... My solar panels switch did not automatically turn on when my batteries got to the normal level as well as when the sun started generating enough power .... So basically stayed on grid !

I have received the email and waiting for further details 

Thx

Options
2024-08-22 15:56:33

@Chadi kindly try turning off beamforming then reboot all nodes.  It helped with the mesh stability a lot, maybe this solution may work for you as well.

Options
2024-08-25 11:01:17

@kerykeion 

Already tried that ... No success 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 247

Replies: 7

Related Articles