Sudden Deco App/Network Problem

Sudden Deco App/Network Problem

25 Reply
Re:Sudden Deco App/Network Problem
2024-08-20 06:51:23

@DiceKey 

Hi

It is recommended that you refer to the following link to change a Deco as the main Deco:
How to replace the main Deco with another Deco
In addition, you mentioned that the ISP router is in router mode. It is recommended that you change Deco to access point mode.

Options
2024-08-20 06:56:50

Joseph-TP wrote

@DiceKey 

Hi

It is recommended that you refer to the following link to change a Deco as the main Deco:
How to replace the main Deco with another Deco
In addition, you mentioned that the ISP router is in router mode. It is recommended that you change Deco to access point mode.

@Joseph-TP If I change the main deco to an access point, what SSIDs will be used? The router's or the deco's? 

Options
2024-08-22 02:28:26

@DiceKey 

Hi

I apologize for any confusion that may have arisen. For further assistance on how to switch the main Deco with a satellite Deco, I recommend referring to the following link: How to replace the main Deco with another Deco.

After making the switch, please monitor the situation to see if the issue persists.

If the problem continues, consider changing the Deco to access point mode. Please note that in access point mode, Deco will maintain its own SSID.

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Options
2024-08-22 07:23:00

@DiceKey I've completely reset moneywort taking alldecosbsck to factor settings and still have the same problem. 

Options
2024-08-22 07:39:38

Joseph-TP wrote

@DiceKey 

Hi

I apologize for any confusion that may have arisen. For further assistance on how to switch the main Deco with a satellite Deco, I recommend referring to the following link: How to replace the main Deco with another Deco.

After making the switch, please monitor the situation to see if the issue persists.

If the problem continues, consider changing the Deco to access point mode. Please note that in access point mode, Deco will maintain its own SSID.

What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

@Joseph-TP I tried switching Decos but it didn't solve the problem. 

When changing the main deco to an access point, do I have to reset the Deco first?

Will removing the main Deco using the app (or changing it to an access point) reset the whole network?

Options
2024-08-22 08:41:35

@DiceKey ive reset my network completely and that's not helped. The App still shows all P9's offline when they are actually functioning. I'm wondering if the App's at fault...

Options
2024-08-23 08:02:53

@garsdalian Did you do a hard reset on your Decos? Or did you reset just by using the app?

Options
2024-08-23 08:14:28

@DiceKey yes I've done a hard reset on all the decos. Now I'm unplugging theethernet to see if does anything. I mange two other Deco P9 networks and they seemed be working fine.

Options
2024-08-23 10:41:09 - last edited 2024-08-23 10:42:23

@DiceKey 

Hi

@DiceKey When you change it to access point mode, you do not need to reset it.

@DiceKey @garsdalian @FrancoIngham   We appreciate your concern, and we will escalate this matter to our support engineers for a thorough evaluation after collecting the information below.

Please kindly provide the following details:

1. If you oversee multiple Deco networks concurrently, could you please furnish the quantity, model, hardware version, and firmware version of the Decos within the problematic Deco network?
2. Are there multiple smart home devices connected to the problematic Deco network? If so, how many samrt home devices are currently linked to the problematic Deco network? And what are the model numbers of the smart home devices?

Wait for your reply and warm regards.

Options
2024-08-25 11:47:31

@DiceKey 

I need to whisper that my M5 Decos are all showing online in the app this morning. I haven't changed anything. Hope yours is the same!

Options