Votes

Wifi switch off/on

Wifi switch off/on
Wifi switch off/on
2024-08-07 22:35:03 - last edited 2024-08-08 06:26:09
Model: Deco X50-5G   Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Hi, I have recently purchased 1 Deco X50–5g and 5 Deco PX–50. All are connected via LAN cable and would like to have the option to switch off Wifi during night period. But after intensive search I wasn't able to find any solution on it. In short is there a way to switch Wifi ON and OFF? 
thanks 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Wifi switch off/on
2024-08-08 06:30:42

@Giorgio1606 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Deco X50-5G and Deco PX50 don't support Wi-Fi schedules yet.

I remember Deco X50-5G and PX50(both in the EU version) support ERP mode. On the web management interface of Deco, there is an "On/Off switch" for the Wi-Fi network.

It will turn off the wireless signals of Deco and a power reboot will restore it to "on" mode.

Best regards.

Options
2024-08-08 07:03:46

@Giorgio1606 hi, thats right but its really not convenient. I ment a switch for every unit would be a nice idea or controlled via the App or having like a schedule.

I know about the interface but you can switch it on or off only as a whole and not independently. Is there any other way to control the units independently or set a schedule? Thanks

Options
2024-08-09 03:50:43

@Giorgio1606 

Hi, I did see some users add a smart Wi-Fi plug to set a power schedule for a specific Deco. It might be worth a try.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-08-09 05:24:09

@David-TP 

well except if I am wrong this would cut the power. But i am only interested to cut the wifi and not the Power since its connected to different items with LAN cable. Do you have maybe any suggest for any other Deco wich supports wifi control ability? Thank you

Options
3 weeks ago

This feature would be great to have. Currently I am using one of my Deco units as a way to connect my NAS to the internet using ethernet since the NAS doesn't support WIFI.
I would love to be able to turn of wifi for this spcific unit because I already have another unit in the same room which is in a more optimal location for supplying WIFI.
By being able to turn off the wifi of a single unit I hope to be able to give some more space on the WIFI bands for the other devices and stop the constant switching of clients from unit to unit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 168

Replies: 5

Voters 2