CCTV DDNS help
CCTV DDNS help
2024-08-03 14:43:51
Tags: #DDNS #CCTV
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 build 20231229 rel 36756

Hi,

I have recently installed a set of four Deco P9 units in my home, to improve internet access throughout. It has worked very well.

I am currently try to figure out how to reconfigure the DDNS settings for my remote CCTV access. I found the tp-link guide (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3481/), but the interface looks nothing like what I have on my app, and my firmware is up-to-date (according to the app).

My DDNS service was/is provided by NO-IP, and was working happily until I installed the P9s. Obviously my home network in configured differently now, what with the P9s now sitting between my devices and the router, so I know I need to change things, but there is no option to (a) switch on the DDNS on DECO app, or (b) a way to use NO-IP as the service provider.

Can someone out help please?

Many thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:CCTV DDNS help
2024-08-03 15:45:11

@thegoodguy 

Is your main Deco in Router mode or Access Point mode? DDNS is only available in router mode so if you are using your Deco in AP mode you wont have the DDNS option under Advanced tab on Deco app.

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options
2024-08-03 16:27:43

klipse wrote

@thegoodguy 

Is your main Deco in Router mode or Access Point mode? DDNS is only available in router mode so if you are using your Deco in AP mode you wont have the DDNS option under Advanced tab on Deco app.

@klipse 

Apologies for interrupting your conversation, but...

Notice OP says "happily worked before" and "P9 is now between devices and router." 

That tells me the following:

1. Router is/was configured properly for DDNS;

2. Router has not been replaced by Main Deco.

In situation like this, the easiest solution would be to switch Deco mesh to Access Point mode, so that Deco mesh and all devices connected to it will rely on Router for DNS (and DDNS).

Also note that if OP have had Deco running in AP mode already, with network layout he described he would not have had issues. Which makes me believe his Deco mesh runs in its default "Router" mode. 

Options
2024-08-03 16:53:42

@thegoodguy 

Thank you both for the AP/Router wisdom. I just checked, and Alexandre. is right in saying that my P9 is in Router mode. I will try to make the change to AP mode, but it will be a little bit of a mission because I spent some time figuring out how to fix the local IP addresses of the cameras and DVR, in the P9 (and updating the DVR camera-IP settings). I'm guessing I'll have to change these back to the original settings before I switch to AP mode in case I lose access to them after the switch.

Thanks again :-)

Options
2024-08-23 17:37:03 - last edited 2024-08-23 17:37:36

@thegoodguyHi,

Just thought I'd post a quick update.

I finally got around to reverting all the IP settings and switching the P9 to bridge mode. The remote CCTV access via DDNS is restored.

Thanks v much for the assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 4

Tags

DDNS
CCTV
Related Articles