Access Control ( mac whitelist ) not working...

2024-07-31 14:19:22
Model: Archer AX12  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.22 Build 20240311 Rel. 73956(5553)

I'm having problem with access control. After a firmware update 3 months ago suddenly the access control stops working. Now I'm using the latest firmware. Password changing wasn't effective enough thats why I've to use access control. But after Enabling the Access Control it only works for 2-3 weeks then it dosn't work anymore. I've tried full factory reseting it & then enabling access control but the result was same. It only works for 2-3 weeks, then form the Client list I do can see some UNKNOWN named devices and unknown mac id. Blocking isn't effective as phones these days have random-mac feature enabled. Tether app can shows these devices & mac in the offline client.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Access Control ( mac whitelist ) not working...
2024-08-01 06:35:34

@Yuvraj_Hossain 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Access control works based on device MAC address. If MAC address changes, it will lose control. As you said, random MAC address is used on many phones, it is suggested to use device MAC real address instead.

Options
2024-08-01 11:40:19

@Marvin_S I'm using device mac on devices. But the problem is Other WiFi devices also connects to the network even though I didn't enter their MAC address into the router access-control whitelist.
Every first one or two weeks it lets only whitelisted MAC devices to connect to its network.
After that time router doesn't check mac and devices gets connected only by entering password. And I'm tired of blocking those uninvited users.

Options
2024-08-06 09:45:57

@Yuvraj_Hossain 

Hi, thanks for your update.

We may need to confirm more information and details to get your situation better.

1.How many devices/clients do you have totally? Did you add all of them into Access Control Whitelist?

2.Please share the screenshot of your Whitelist, then we can know which devices can get internet access normally.  You may also share the model and OS of them.

3. As you mentioned, after 2 or 3 weeks, you can connect either device(not in the whitelist) to the wireless network. Can you share some exact examples? 

Thanks for your cooperation~

Options