Devices with old Wi-Fi password still connect to Deco even after password change

Devices with old Wi-Fi password still connect to Deco even after password change

2024-07-30 11:47:46
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20240106

Hi,

I had changed Wi-Fi password using the Deco Android App version 3.7.83 while my Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop was in shutdown state.

I changed the password via the path Deco -> More -> Wi-Fi Settings ->  Password -> change parts of the existing password -> Click SAVE.

I am observing that ThinkPad was initially unable to connect to the broadcasted SSID (both 5G and 2.4G enabled on Deco X60). I even tried with right clicking broadcasted Wi-Fi nameand then clicking on Forget.

My observation is that the ThinkPad always connects to the SSID broadcasted by Deco X60 with old password. It does not accept the new password and reports it as incorrect.

I wanted to request TP-Link for a new firmware to fix this issue.

Please also test this issue for Guest network.

Regards,

RA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Devices with old Wi-Fi password still connect to Deco even after password change
2024-07-31 06:14:35

@AroraRajeev 

Hi,

Have you tested if the same issue also happened on the guest network?

Please also check if the other devices can connect successfully with the new password.

Make sure that there is no special characters in the new password that may affect.

If the issue only happens with the ThinkPad, please try again to forget the network and connect again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options