Solid yellow Internet light

2024-07-27 15:35:35
Model: Archer AX12  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought A ax12 router but when I try to Connect it with the cable The internet light is solid yellow. I have tried to restart the modem and the router multiple times. I followed the instructions to perfection but nothing works

Options
3 Reply
Re:Solid yellow Internet light
2024-07-27 16:34:59

@Fishlove 

Hi,

How did you connect to the modem before you bought the Archer AX12 ?

If you connect a computer straight to the modem, is that computer able to connect to the Internet right away?

Options
2024-07-27 17:05:28

@woozle I haven't connected a computer but I had a different router that worked fine

Options
2024-07-27 17:35:24

@Fishlove 

Ok, then make sure you replicate the settings for the Internet connection from the original router to the Archer AX12.

Furthermore, in some cases Internet Service Providers will bind the MAC address of the original router to the Internet connection, so that only that router will be authenticated. In such a case you would need to "clone" the original router's MAC address to the Archer AX12.

Anyway, I suggest you connect a computer straight to the modem (without a router) and see if that computer can then access the Internet right away. That would tell us whether the AX12 needs to be specially configured or not.

Options