Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

51 Reply
Re:Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations
3 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi.

Another issue related to the new firmware 1.14.0 version and that could be a bug is that when you limit the speed of a device in the download data, when setting it to limit to 40 Mbps on the device it is limited to 20 Mbps.
With the previous firmware 1.13.2 Build 230824 when assigning a limitation of 40 Mbps, the device was correctly limited to 40 Mbps.
So with the latest firmware the bandwidth is limited incorrectly.

Do you know if it will be possible to fix these errors in a new firmware to return to the previous state?

Regards.

Options
Re:Pre-release Firmware for Archer C80/A8/C6/C86 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations
3 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z  Dear sir, After recent c80 update my Wifi says "No Internet" after a few minutes of using and only works again after I disconnect and reconnect it manually 😔. Please solve this problem.

Options
3 weeks ago

Koushik7788 wrote

@Kevin_Z  Dear sir, After recent c80 update my Wifi says "No Internet" after a few minutes of using and only works again after I disconnect and reconnect it manually 😔. Please solve this problem.

@Koushik7788 

Is this issue occurring on all devices, or is it limited to specific ones? Please ensure that the software on all devices is up to date.

If the problem affects multiple devices, please confirm which wireless band they are connected to, and try switching to the other band. You may also disable Smart Connect on the C80 and adjust the wireless settings for the 2.4G or 5G bands by checking the surrounding wireless frequencies. Remember to select a channel with minimal interference from other networks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
3 weeks ago

Emmanuel29 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi.

Another issue related to the new firmware 1.14.0 version and that could be a bug is that when you limit the speed of a device in the download data, when setting it to limit to 40 Mbps on the device it is limited to 20 Mbps.
With the previous firmware 1.13.2 Build 230824 when assigning a limitation of 40 Mbps, the device was correctly limited to 40 Mbps.
So with the latest firmware the bandwidth is limited incorrectly.

Do you know if it will be possible to fix these errors in a new firmware to return to the previous state?

Regards.

@Emmanuel29 

Could you please provide a screenshot of the Speed Limit settings on the C80's web interface, along with a screenshot of the speed test results from the client device where you're applying the speed limit? Thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi.
Thanks for answering.
Here is a screenshot of the C80 web configuration where I set a limit of 40 Mbps download and 850 Kbps upload but the Reuter limits it incorrectly since the last firmware update:

Here is an image of the speedtest:

Please, if a new firmware update could fix this problem and also how to fix the speed measurement update frequency to how it was before, which was updated every 2 seconds.
Regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Emmanuel29 

Thank you very much for the follow-up.

Could I ask one more question? What upload and download speeds are you paying for with your internet service? I remember you mentioned that the Speed Limit worked correctly before the firmware update on Archer C80, and is now behaving abnormally.

Have you tried resetting the C80 to factory defaults and reconfiguring it? If possible, please do that without applying any advanced settings, and then check if the speed limit works correctly.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.
I have an internet service of 100 Mbps download and 100 Mbps upload.
On the C80 router with the previous firmware (version V2.20_1.13.2 Build 230824) the speed limit for the devices worked correctly.
But with the latest firmware (version V2.20_1.14.0 Build 240617) it limits incorrectly. It limits to less than half of the speed established in the C80 configuration.
This would apparently be related to the problem of the increase in the real-time measurement of the speed of the devices that was previously updated every 2 seconds.
These problems began to occur with the new firmware.

Today I tried to restore the C80 to the factory default values. Without applying any advanced settings.
But those two problems continue.

Please tell me anything I can help with so that these two problems can be solved in a new firmware version. Or is there a possibility to downgrade to the previous firmware? I use those features a lot.
Regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z  i did the test about speedlimit and realtime rate
is all true issues! ratespeed is taking too long and speed limiter is not accurate.

LIMITER TESTED
- 20Mbps DOWN
- 850Kbps UP

You can see the real-time rate not updating

Options
a week ago

@Emmanuel29  Thank you very much for the follow-up.  To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

@itachimetal Thank you also for the feedback. Would you mind waiting for the engineers to follow up with Emmanuel29? If it is confirmed to be a bug, I believe they will provide a beta firmware fix. BTW, have you ever configured QoS settings for any devices connected to the C80? If you did that, please also try resetting the C80 to factory defaults and make sure there are no settings that could affect the Speed Limit configuration.

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 
- why not DoH/DoT with a custom dns of OUR CHOICE?

You could be correct. These features may not be improved or optimized on the 1.14 version. But we will keep optimizing all these features, especially the customized DNS servers for DoH.

@Kevin_Z Hello, Is there any update on the customized DNS for DoH?

Options