No Wifi signals showing

No Wifi signals showing

No Wifi signals showing
No Wifi signals showing
2024-07-21 15:01:05 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: not sure

Hi, setting up my AX55 and connecting via ethernet but not by wifi. Devices not showing tplink signal although I do have a 'VPN network' showing. Help can't connect my devices. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No Wifi signals showing-Solution
2024-07-21 21:03:20 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@sccox 

Hi,

From a device that is connected to the AX55 via Ethernet log into the web management page of the AX55 (via tplinkwifi.net or the actual IP address of the AX55), then go to the "Wireless" menu and verify that the "Enable" check boxes for "2.4GHz:" and "5GHz:" are activated.

In case they are enabled, but your client devices still can't find the wireless networks (SSIDs) set up in the router, then you should perform a factory reset on your AX55 and after it has booted up following the reset check that you can find wireless networks with names as printed on the label on the underside of your AX55. (something in the format "TP-Link_xxxx" and "TP-Link_xxxx_5G")

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "I do have a 'VPN network' showing"? Do you mean there is a wireless network named "VPN network" showing up?

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:No Wifi signals showing-Solution
2024-07-21 21:03:20 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@sccox 

Hi,

From a device that is connected to the AX55 via Ethernet log into the web management page of the AX55 (via tplinkwifi.net or the actual IP address of the AX55), then go to the "Wireless" menu and verify that the "Enable" check boxes for "2.4GHz:" and "5GHz:" are activated.

In case they are enabled, but your client devices still can't find the wireless networks (SSIDs) set up in the router, then you should perform a factory reset on your AX55 and after it has booted up following the reset check that you can find wireless networks with names as printed on the label on the underside of your AX55. (something in the format "TP-Link_xxxx" and "TP-Link_xxxx_5G")

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "I do have a 'VPN network' showing"? Do you mean there is a wireless network named "VPN network" showing up?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 1

Related Articles