Deco E4R — 'Connection Preference' Feature Request — Firmware Update
Deco E4R — 'Connection Preference' Feature Request — Firmware Update
2024-07-19 02:58:50 - last edited 2024-07-19 03:07:27
Tags: #'Connection Preference' Feature
Model: Deco E4   Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.61 Build 20231227 Rel. 53644

Hello,

My request is pretty straightforward, can you please launch a firmware update for the Deco E4R that includes the 'Connection Preference' feature?

I currently have three Deco X50 units and two Deco E4R units in my house. Every so often, mostly when it rains (I live in Costa Rica, and it rains a lot), one of the satellite Decos, the 'Office Deco' (E4R) connects to the 'Main Deco' (X50), instead of connecting to the closest Deco unit, 'Second Floor' (also X50). This is very frustrating and it makes me very upset, as this satellite Deco is in my office, and I need a fast and stable connection. When the 'Office Deco' is connected to the closest Deco unit, it works like a charm, but when it connects to the main Deco, the signal drops significantly, and I can no longer have virtual meetings.

All of my other Deco units are connected using ethernet backhaul. The 'Office Deco' is the only one working over Wi-Fi, and I can't use ethernet backhaul with this one, nor can I swap Decos.

I recently replaced my Apple Wi-Fi setup with this TP-Link setup, and I would like to continue purchasing your products.

I have spent around USD 400 on the TP-Link setup and I do not want to spend any more money because I would like to purchase the new Wi-Fi 7 Decos in the future.

Can you please launch a firmware update for the Deco E4R that includes the 'Connection Preference' feature? This would be the immediate solution to my problem, and I believe it would help many others who could be having the same problem too.

I kindly await your response.

Best, 

'Wario'

Options
4 Reply
RE:Deco E4R — 'Connection Preference' Feature Request — Firmware Update
2024-08-02 12:07:58
I also need this for my setup at home
Options
RE:Deco E4R — 'Connection Preference' Feature Request — Firmware Update
2024-08-02 19:26:54
Yes, please do not ignore the Deco E4. Especially since all other models from the same series have received the update - Deco M5s, M9 Plus, and M4 (except V1). I even purchased two units of the X60 after the E4 (3-pack). However, many of the new features like connection preference and client preference are not working. Therefore, please forward the request to introduce these features for the E4 as it has similar hardware configuration to the M4
Options
Re:Deco E4R — 'Connection Preference' Feature Request — Firmware Update
2 недель назад

Yesss yes yeess, please pleaseeee release the  new firmware regarding to this feature....very very neeeeeeddd thiss for DECO E4 V2/V1 pleaseee!!!! it would realy help for the connection issue... Pleasee TPLINK!!! Im begging you!!!

Options
Re:Deco E4R — 'Connection Preference' Feature Request — Firmware Update
Wednesday

No answer from tplink team yet? or they just ignore and leave this old Deco model??

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 219

Replies: 4

Voters 4

Tags

'Connection Preference' Feature