Phone does not roam out of wifi6 when connected to xe75

2024-07-13 03:19:20 - last edited 2024-07-13 03:20:20
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

I bought a new XE75 and added it to existing network of 3 M9 plus. After that my phones (samsung s24 and Z fold4) do not roam to the m9 nodes once they have latched to the wifi 6 on xe75. They do not leave that connection even when the signal becomes very poor. 

Also, why should the phone connect to wifi6 when I have set the use of 6 to only back haul.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Phone does not roam out of wifi6 when connected to xe75
2024-07-13 06:49:10

@Tejinder Well, 6 Ghz gets priority over 5 Ghz if both are in the same network

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-07-15 07:08:13

@Tejinder 

Hi,

Did you set up the Deco XE 75 Pro as the main Deco or satellite Deco?

Deco XE75 Pro supports WIFI 6E, and if you set it as the main Deco, you can create a separate 6G WIFI. But Deco M9 Plus is a WIFI 5 Deco and it does not support 6G.Therefore if you connect to the 6G WIFI, the devices will not connect M9 Plus units.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-15 10:18:36

@Sunshine I have tried both, setting up as main and well as satellite.

At first, I set it up as the main router. In the wifi settings, I saw a setting for a 6Ghz network. There, I chose "Use 6 Ghz for dedicated back haul"  - the other option was "Use 6 Ghz for Wi-Fi network and backhaul". With this dedicated backhaul option, the 6 Ghz network should not have been available to any device. Still my phone connected using Wifi 6 (it showed 6 on the the wifi symbol on the top bar). My first issue is that - THE PHONE SHOULD NOT HAVE CONNECTED WITH WIFI6. Or is my understanding incorrect?

Once connected to wifi 6, it does not move to regular wifi, even when I move away from the main router and much closer to the satellite routers which were all M9 plus. Even when the signal become so weak that the phone moves to the phone's mobile internet, it does not connect to a nearby M9 plus, it stays connected to the main XE75 and sometimes said - waiting for network connection to improve.

The behaviour is the same even when I set it up as the satellite router. Once latched to wifi 6, it does not let go automatically. I need to turn off and on the wifi setting on the phone.

Please help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 131

Replies: 3

Related Articles