Votes

where is Deco m9 plus Ethernet Port Link speed information

2024-07-08 18:14:57 - last edited 2024-08-05 01:59:24
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.3 Build 20231225 Rel. 60770

where is Deco m9 plus Ethernet Port Link speed information ?

I have checked mobile app ,web page and logs of deco units but do not found that information.

How do i know if my cables is fine to run at 1Gbps since deco apps do not show that kind of information.

Options
4 Reply
Re:where is Deco m9 plus Ethernet Port Link speed information
2024-07-08 19:30:10 - last edited 2024-08-05 01:58:22

@mdonato 

For Main Deco M9 Plus Ethernet port connecting it to modem/router, if link speed on that port is less than gigabit you'll get "Abnormal WAN port speed" error message in Deco app:

For LAN port of Main Deco connecting to the switch and for Ethernet ports of Satellite Deco, if you use configuration like this:

it would make sense to get switch with LED lights reporting negotiated link speed, such as TP-Link TL-SG105S-M2.

Options
2024-07-08 21:18:30 - last edited 2024-08-05 01:58:22

@Alexandre. 

Yes, I can discovery cable health with many other methods, but now a i have to unplug m9 device on both edges to check cable integrity.

But, this is a physical intervention on my network to do a simple cable check and taking into account that my devices are note easy reachable.

But your solution is not that simple , think if i have a topology like this:  main deco (eth0) ---> (eth1) deco satelite 1 (eth0) --> (eth1) deco satelite 2 (eth0) --> (eth1) deco satelite 3 (eth0) -- device X ...... so in this kind of topology i should have to has a switch between each satelite connection. its insane.

So, my suggestion is as simple as possible. Change the app to show device port link negotiated speed for LAN / WAN / Wifi. I don't think it requires much effort. would be best for customers.

Thanks 

Options
2024-07-09 03:31:10 - last edited 2024-08-05 01:58:22

@mdonato 

Hi

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if link speed feature can come to all the Decos, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘APP Request (Deco)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration’ for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Warm regards.

Options
2024-07-25 15:29:57 - last edited 2024-08-05 01:58:22

@Joseph-TP 

Thanks for reply, but this Thread cannot be found at Feature Request (Deco) space.

Do you have a link for this feature request ? Or, if it's not done yet, please let me know when it will be addressed. 

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 271

Replies: 4

Voters 1