Deco is disconnecting from modem/router and not automatically reconnecting

2024-07-08 17:17:32
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.7.4

This started about 2 months ago.  I'm not sure if the overall fiber optic internet (from Optimum) which we installed in January has had some cut outs or if the deco just disconnected.  But about once a week it is disconnected and not only do I need to unplug the main one to reboot, I have to reboot my modem/router even though the wifi is working directly from the router.  Besides being inconvenient when we are home, if we are away and need to access our cameras or doorbell which work off wifi, we are unable to do so until we return home ane reboot everything (this happened while we were away for multiple days).  It also affects our alarm system.  Is it possible that the deco system is burning itself out and needs replacement?  It is only between 3-4 years old and prior to May, was working perfectly.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco is disconnecting from modem/router and not automatically reconnecting
2024-07-08 19:22:19 - last edited 2024-07-08 19:23:05

@Mamgrow 

Before you decide to replace M5s with something else, try things I list below.

You can configure nightly reboot of Deco mesh in Deco app, it is under More/System. See if that fixes the issue.

Before setting schedule, do manual reboot of Deco mesh using Reboot Deco in Deco app with all Deco units selected, just to see that after reboot your Deco mesh will connect to modem/router.

You can also get smart plug such as TP-Link Kasa HS103, and use it to bounce modem/router: configure smart plug to power off and minute later power on, nightly, and connect modem/router through it.

You can use combination of both, with Deco mesh rebooting, say, at 3 am and modem/router at 3:05 am.

Options
Re:Deco is disconnecting from modem/router and not automatically reconnecting
2024-07-15 15:17:41

@Alexandre. Thanks.  I had another disconnect this morning. I rebooted my router and then the deco which worked fine.  I waited a couple of hours and did the reboot through my app and all connected just fine. Really not understanding why this keeps happening. My preference of course is to not have to automatically reboot every night. Never had to do it before and it isn't practical since so much in the house works of the wifi. 
I did read through a lot of other posts and this just seems to be an issue for some decos. 

Options