Deco X20-4G looses Internet connection

2024-07-07 06:43:18
Model: Deco X20-4G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My Deco X20-4G looses its Internet connection regularly. This is a major problem as it is placed in our summer house where we only stay during the summer. That means that all connected devices for alarms, heating etc. loose their connection and can't be monitored or controlled remotely. 

This connection stability issue with the Deco had existed for years, ever since we bought the Deco. We have exchanged the Deco for a new unit, but the problem remains. We have updated the firmware, but the problem remains. We have requested TP Link to add a reboot feature, but it has not been done  (despite that TP link has said that the feature will be coming).

As of now, the only "solution" is to connect an external timer that turns the Deco power on and off.

Bottom line: the Deco X20-4G is a useless unit as it stands now. It is unstable and it lacks basic reboot functionality that could otherwise be used to make up for its poor connection stability.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X20-4G looses Internet connection
2024-07-08 06:51:33

@Spennis 

Hi

We certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if reboot schedule feature can come to all the Decos, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

Regarding the issue of network instability, the following link may help you: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3934/
If you are unable to do more troubleshooting recently, you could contact the local support team during your available time.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/

Warm regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 129

Replies: 1

Related Articles