Integration of Deco to Wifi Router

2024-07-02 13:44:37
Model: Deco M3   Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

My ISP is an FTTH with GPON cable. I want a solution of a Wifi Mesh Router having a GPON port which can then connect wirelessly to my Deco M3 and Deco E4.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Integration of Deco to Wifi Router
2024-07-03 10:36:47

@JoshVerghese 

Hi

Deco BE85 and Deco BE95 have SFP+ port. 

If you want to use the SFP+ port on your Deco as the WAN port and replace the optical modem, it is generally necessary to use an SFP+ ONU Stick in conjunction with it. The choice of SFP+ ONU Stick largely depends on whether it has been verified and approved by the internet service provider.

Considering that the internet service provider may have restrictions on registered devices, we recommend contacting your internet service provider to obtain an officially verified SFP+ ONU Stick.  Usually, you can connect an SFP+ ONU Stick that the internet service provider directly delivers to the Deco's SFP+ interface, allowing the device to independently establish the internet connection without using the optical modem.

On the other hand, some users feedback that there are also third-party SFP+ ONU sticks available through online retailers. Wether you obtain SFP+ ONU stick from ISP or retailer, it is important to confirm the requirements with your ISP and retailers, as we can't guarantee compatibility or availability. We recommend contacting your ISP and retailers for further clarification and guidance. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know.

Options