What should I do with found Deco?

2024-06-29 05:41:26 - last edited 2024-06-29 05:42:59
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

So, I moved in a new apartment and found a deco box with manuals, one satellite Deco device, Ethernet cable and power cable. Apparently the previous resident of the apartment moved abroad. I tried to turn on the device, but it blinks red. I am now thinking what should I do with this thing?

Options
2 Reply
Re:What should I do with found Deco?
2024-06-29 06:06:15

@Mirged One Deco isn't gonna do much. If you're interested, buy another one

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:What should I do with found Deco?
2024-06-29 12:20:06

Mirged wrote

So, I moved in a new apartment and found a deco box with manuals, one satellite Deco device, Ethernet cable and power cable. Apparently the previous resident of the apartment moved abroad. I tried to turn on the device, but it blinks red. I am now thinking what should I do with this thing?

@Mirged 

You can use that Deco as a standalone WiFi router. This is assuming it was not left because it is defective. You will need to reset it first. Then, follow documentation to configure it as Main Deco.

If it works and can be configured in Deco app, you can either expand it to Deco mesh by adding more Deco units, or give/gift/sell it to someone else now that you know unit it operational. If you plan to give/gift/sell it, make sure you reset it (again) before you do.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 2

Related Articles