Entire Deco network goes offline randomly

Entire Deco network goes offline randomly

13 Reply
Re:Entire Deco network goes offline randomly
2024-08-13 14:57:38

@Alexandre. 

Replaced the entire mesh system with Eero's and the internet has been 100% stable.   I have also noticed the speed is incredibly faster as a bonus.  

It's really a shame since I liked the user interface on the app, and the ability to access a web interface if I wanted to, but getting dropped randomly was just not an option anymore and just got tired of no support.   At least I can confirm that it was not an issue with the ISP or the ONT so I can get back to business as usual without worrying that at any time I'll randomly be disconnected from the internet.  

Options
2024-08-13 15:25:49
I read this thread and am worried. I'm about to trash my Deco system too. I already returned a bunch of Kasa smart products to Amazon for a refund, this due solely to lack of customer support. I requested help solving an issue connecting an X50-Outdoor to an indoor Deco system via TP-Link Powerline Kit, but once things got difficult customer support just clammed up. It seems as soon as anything happens out of the ordinary, they just either go silent, or just don't even try to help. I'm now considering chucking all my Decos in the recycling and looking for another brand, but I'm a little against Eero as Amazon have had enough of my cash already! I used to have Netgear stuff, so maybe I'll give them another go.
Options
2024-08-13 15:50:39

@SteveWex 

I hear ya and you're right, support (if you can call it that) just disappears once you send them log files, message back and forth, etc with no answers.  I have a lot of those smart items in my house from door sensors, smart bulbs and outlets, switches, thermostats and such, and although the outages were for a few minutes, they happened daily and I work from a home office and getting knocked off zoom calls just became intollerable.  I looked around a lot before deciding and checked out the Nighthawks, Linksys Velop, ASUS ZenWifi and some others.  I finally decided on the Eero due to some of the independant testing and had some friends using them as well.  You don't have to 'link' them to an Amazon account or anything and they do pester you a bit (mildly) to upgrade to all this security and monitoring stuff, but it's easy to ignore.  I mean, you look at internet service now a days like the electricity service to your house...you just want it on all the time and not have to mess with it.  I'll probably try to recoup some of my costs by selling these Deco's on Ebay or something like that and let them be someone elses problem.  

Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you!

Options
Related Articles