Deco X20 cannot turn on MAC Clone

2024-06-20 01:41:31
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13 Build 20231226 Rel. 64412

Hi,

I've recent converted from VDSL to fibre, I intended to continue using the X20 as my main router connected directly to the fibre modem.

Short story - cannot get PPPOE to work at all.  Old ISP modem connects fine.

I thought it may have been a ISP MAC filter issue and wanted to try cloning the ISP router MAC address.  When I turn on MAC clone, custom address - enter the MAC address of the router, it does not save.  No errors - just goes back to the previous screen in the app with the clone MAC toggle off.

Tried on both Android and IOS client - works on neither.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X20 cannot turn on MAC Clone
2024-06-22 11:24:40 - last edited 2024-06-22 11:24:54

@Zoogs 

Hi,

Please connect your phone to the Deco WIFI and test again and also pay attention to the format of the MAC address.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-22 11:41:09

@Sunshine - Hi - the MAC address is valid.  The same behaviour occurs when I select "Use Client MAC Address", you pick an address from the list but it will not save.

Options
2024-06-25 11:05:11

@Zoogs 

Hi, 

May I know the APP version?

Please also provide your network topology. And how do you connect your Deco units?

Besides, is there any error message when it fails to save the settings?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-26 01:19:33 - last edited 2024-06-26 01:23:05

@Sunshine 

App version: 

IOS: 3.7.65.  Error message: Failed to save information.  Please try again later.

Android: 3.7.75 Error message: None - just doesn't save.

Network topology:

Fibre    _________  HUAWEI _________  X20-DSL _________  6 other Decos, M9Plus, M5 x 3, E4R x 2

Modem                  Router

All Decos are connected via WiFi except for one E4R which is connected via Ethernet back-haul to the X20.  The X20 also has two TP-Link Ethernet switches connected.

X20 version is: 

X20-DSL(1.0)

1.0.13 Build 20231226 Rel. 64412

Technically the HUAWEI router shouldn't be required.  It was supplied by the ISP when I was using VDSL and was replaced by the X20.  The ISP (TPG) has been less than helpful in suggesting any solution.

Thanks.

Options
2024-07-01 07:56:28

@Zoogs 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

When I checked your TP-Link email ID, I noticed the Deco X20-DSL is online now.

Is Deco X20-DSL on wireless router mode/Dynamic IP setup now?

Did you plan to remove the Huawei router and set the PPPoE broadband connection directly on Deco X20-DSL, like 

Fiber router---<Ethernet cable>---Deco 20-DSL(wireless router mode/PPPOE)

Usually, The PPPOE connection barely requires a MAC Clone.

After switching to Fiber, has TPG ever mentioned what should be the internet connection type and whether you need a VLAN ID(such as VLAN 2)?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 5

Related Articles