Advice for full home network system

2024-06-19 16:48:59 - last edited 2024-06-20 01:05:56

Hi there, I was hoping to get some good advice! I'm setting up my first proper home network at the moment (well I'm only at the stage of running cat6 cables everywhere). So I was hoping someone could tell me what exactly all the products are I need to get to set this all up? I'm gonna have about 10 cat 6 cables all running to a point in my house to set up a rig. Some of which will be used for Ethernet plug in points and some I wanted to get a device which acted as a wifi router? I'm assuming a directly connected one with cat 6 would be a lot better than some kind of booster or mesh system? I can also have them wired directly to power, not just plugged into a socket. Oh and I really want the whole network to be on the same wifi system so phones etc aren't disconnecting and reconnecting between separated Wi-Fi's like you get with some of the extenders etc. is this even possible cause I don't know much about network stuff. Thanks! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Advice for full home network system
2024-06-20 05:45:55

@ChadDonnelly 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

I hope you can help me check the following details first:

1. Is there any preferred Deco in mind?

2. Do you have an ISP-provided router? Are you going to replace it with Deco?

3. How about your house floor map?

Let's take Deco X50 for example. Here is a simplified topology shared by other users before:

Under the Ethernet Backhaul, the common topology would be:

ISP bridge modem---main Deco X50----a network switch----the rest satellite Deco X50s(in wireless router mode)

or 

ISP wireless router---a network switch---all Deco X50s(in AP Mode)

ISP wireless router(already has enough spare LAN ports)---all Deco X50s(in AP Mode)

For more details, it is suggested to refer to Deco Network Deployment

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 123

Replies: 1

Related Articles