Can I not choose which band a device connects to when in AP mode?

2024-05-30 17:40:02
Model: Deco X20   Deco M3  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: latest

When in AP, modw the ability to choose which wifi band a decvice connects to when connecting to deco mesh goes away, how do i decide which band it connects to then?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can I not choose which band a device connects to when in AP mode?
2024-06-07 03:55:29

@14paavang 

Hi, I see in the Mesh system of Deco X20, there is also Deco M3 whose firmware doesn't support manually choosing the preferred wireless band for mobile devices.

Usually, the devices themselves will decide their connected bands. If a certain wireless band is too crowded, Deco could also automatically learn and improve itself by moving some devices to the less crowded band.

Have you found any devices that are connected to the less preferred band, like always on the lower 2.4 GHz band? Can I have their model numbers?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-06-11 11:48:54

iphone xr, tplink t2u nano, ipad pro 10.5 inch 2017, asus zenbook 14 ux433fac, to name a few, most of them have this problem that even if they are in front of a deco, they will either choose 2.4 ghz from that deco or 2.4 from a farther worse deco, I currently have put their operation back in router mode and its not letting me choose which deco it is connected to or the band specifically. Please help/ make it so that i can choose.

Options
2024-06-11 12:47:07

@14paavang 

You can configure Main Network in Deco app to brodcast 5GHz only, that will force every device connect on 5GHz.

Options