USB 3.0 performance.

USB 3.0 performance.

USB 3.0 performance.
USB 3.0 performance.
2024-05-28 07:41:42
Model: Archer AX72 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have attached a crucial 1TB Sata SSD using an enclosure which supports USB 3.0 standards (confirmed speed test on laptop). 

I am using it as a network storage connected over the local network. But I have noticed that the transfer speed is way too low. 

I use S24 Ultra (added device so that under powered device remains out of question) and download files from drive. I have noticed speed is way too low. On average around 30Mbps, as checked in tether speeds. 

And I don't know who is the problem here, but in midway if the files are huge, it stops says something went wrong. 

This was happening even without firmware updates. A solution will be very helpful, as I am planning to use torrent from my phone and store it directly to the SSD.

Options
2 Reply
Re:USB 3.0 performance.
2024-06-08 21:52:53

@gigakb 

You think that's bad?

I bought an archer AX73 last week and I don't get higher than 2.6mbps uploading to a usb3.0 HDD. 

I've looked at probably every submission on this forum regarding slow USB3.0 read/write speeds, and I've not seen TP Link solve a SINGLE issue. 

The users are either ignored or told an engineer will email them. 

What just blows my mind is how the reviewers would get 70-90mbps writing speeds but the moment a customer sets up shared storage via usb we get single digit upload speeds.

Options
Re:USB 3.0 performance.
2024-06-20 11:43:17 - last edited Tuesday

@gigakb 

Here is my test results with AX73 v1 EU and usb ssd disk by ethernet cable

Download

Upload

Download from drive to Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite phone

My new router Archer BE230 test result with usb ssd disk by ethernet cable (smb ntfs) and pc with 2.5 Gbps ethernet.

Download

Upload

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 2

Related Articles