My deco mesh has for some reason set my network location to spain

My deco mesh has for some reason set my network location to spain

24 Reply
Re:My deco mesh has for some reason set my network location to spain
2024-05-21 13:19:18

@Alexandre. 

Yeah well but the spanish location is when deco is involved. An swedish ip is still in sweden even if it's not locally in my city. So I'm not buying that deco has nothing to do with this....

Options
2024-05-21 14:41:27

@Alexandre. 

Ok so I was wrong before. Called my isp and the ports in the "box" are not configured like you said. It's an CPE box they said. 

And before I was testing the cable in a wrong port, hence the weard ip.

So, all testing done and it's when using deco network the location is wrong. When using cable in box everything is fine.

Can we test something more in deco? My isp said that cloning my MAC-adress into main deco could be something to do

Options
2024-05-27 11:49:03

@phad 

Hi,Here was a story which has decribed this issue and it also provided some suggestions:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/1200

Personally I don't think the MAC clone helps since the public IP address on the Deco is in Sweden.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-05-30 08:02:51

@David-TP 

Hello,

So today I tried our network with another router, again. This time with an Asus, and location is finally correct!

So when I tried with another router from tp-link, it was still wrong location. But with router from other brand, it was correct. And this problem has been going on since almost half a year now, if this "database" with BSSID you're talking about that upgrades the location after a while it should have happend now, right? 

To me, it seems I can't use tp-link anymore. What's you're thoughts regarding above?

Options

Tags

Country location
Related Articles