My deco mesh has for some reason set my network location to spain

My deco mesh has for some reason set my network location to spain

24 Reply
Re:My deco mesh has for some reason set my network location to spain
2024-05-20 19:01:38 - last edited 2024-05-20 19:02:32

@phad 

Apologies, this is not expected outcome. With ISP Router it is supposed to work, and you did all tests for me to verify "the box" is router. 

If you didn't do that yet, power off both "the box" and all Deco units. Then, power on "the box" and after few minutes - Main Deco. Give it few more minutes, it might go green.

If not, change back Deco mesh to Router in Deco app, then repeat same power off/on process as above. 

If that doesn't recover Main Deco, you may need to reset your Deco mesh and start from the beginning with it. 

Once again, sincere apologies, this was absolutely unexpected outcome. 

Options
2024-05-20 19:25:04

@Alexandre. 

Doesn't work. And how am I supposed to set it back in the app when the app can't fint my units? I'm kind of helpless here right now..

Options
2024-05-20 19:27:44
Options
2024-05-20 19:30:15

@phad 

Also, after you've done manual reset of each Deco unit, you may need to delete Deco mesh network itself, here is how: How to delete a network on the Deco app

Follow Scenario 1.

After that, you should be able to start from the beginning, as if you haven't had Deco mesh yet.

Options
2024-05-21 06:10:12

@Alexandre. 

Okey, so I did the reinstall of the whole system now. Still the spanish stuff...

Options
2024-05-21 11:29:38 - last edited 2024-05-21 11:31:16

@phad 

I am reluctant to offer anything related to Deco mesh configuration. This is what you can do:

1. Connect laptop to free Ethernet port of "the box." Verify laptop has Ethernet link and not using WiFi. Verify laptop has Internet access.

2. On laptop, open web site www.whatismyip.com and see what Public IP address it reports and from what location. This will show how Web sites see from where devices on your home network accessing them through "the box."

3. Open same web site on device with Spain network location, connected to Deco mesh. In theory, because both Deco and laptop connect to the Internet through "the box," you should see same Public IP address reported as from laptop.

If steps 2 and 3 show same Public IP address, same ISP and same Location, I can't help with anything more. According to Web site, it sees both laptop and Deco coming from the same IP/ISP/Location.

In case steps 2 and 3 show different IP addresses, different ISPs and/or different locations, such as Deco in Spain and laptop is not, then I may have some ideas.

Options
2024-05-21 12:03:58

@Alexandre. 

Hello,

So I did the test with one cable directly to the box, and another with the deco network. They have different in all of them, ip, isp and location 

Options
2024-05-21 12:11:43

@phad 

Can you give me a hint which one is right and which one is not? 

Also, one more test: connect same laptop with Ethernet cable to Main Deco, so that it connects to Internet through Main Deco, and open web site on laptop again. 

Options
2024-05-21 12:42:43

@Alexandre. 

Hmm okey, this is weard. I connected the cable into Main deco, and location is correct! (Although a weard ip and isp)

To answer your question:

- When cable into the "box", location is correct BUT the ip and isp is some weard company in stockholm I don't know about? (So same as above when cable into Main deco)

- When wifi in deco network, location is wrong BUT ip and isp is the one I know of

This is just weard...

Options
2024-05-21 13:04:43

@phad 

Yes, too much of a mess. I don't think I can offer any more help. 

I think the best would be for you to discuss these findings with your ISP Tech support and ask for explanation. 

The Internet sees Public IP address of your ISP box, this is ISP responsibility for it to be correct. 

Options

Tags

Country location
Related Articles