TP link mesh - Is it adaptive/self healing?

2024-05-16 13:45:31
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.5

Hi - I have a house with some pretty thick walls. The S7's in mesh mode do provide a critical link between a home server and my internet router / nas, but it's slower than I would like. I get maybe peak 200Mbps when transferring data to the nas. So, I decided I would add a backhaul between the S7's. I can't run a cable for this, so I will use a couple of the new Tplink G.hn powerline adapters.  I've no doubt this will work, but, my experience of much older power line adapters is that they were unreliable. I often had failed links and had to reset them, etc. Hoping this will not happen with these new ones.

But, the question is - I have a backhaul runnon on the wifi at the moment just fine, but slow. I add the wired powerline and decos use that automatically. If those powerline adapters fail, will the deco seamlessly fail back to it's wifi mesh?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP link mesh - Is it adaptive/self healing?
2024-05-17 02:38:21

@pjs_gsy 

Hi, 

Once Deco S7 detects the Ethernet bridge established by G.hn powerline adapters, it will switch to Ethernet Backhaul. If the G.hn powerline adapters failed, it will use WiFi Backhaul instead.

You can also view the change of the Backhaul type switching from "Ethernet" to "2.4/5GHz".

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 253

Replies: 1

Related Articles