Complaint Regarding Lack of DynDNS Option in TP-Link Deco S7 and M4
Complaint Regarding Lack of DynDNS Option in TP-Link Deco S7 and M4
2024-05-02 18:22:47 - last edited 2024-05-06 03:46:11
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Bulid 20230324 Rel. 50892

Dear TP-Link Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to bring to your attention a concerning issue regarding the TP-Link Deco S7 and M4 devices. Upon recent usage and comparison with the Deco M5 version, it has come to my attention that the DynDNS option as a provider is notably absent in both the Deco S7 and M4 models.

As a consumer, the DynDNS functionality plays a crucial role in managing remote access and connectivity for various applications. Its absence in these models poses a significant inconvenience and limitation to users who rely on this feature for their networking needs.

Considering the importance of DynDNS services in facilitating remote access and ensuring seamless connectivity, I urge you to investigate this matter promptly. It is essential to understand why this feature is absent in the Deco S7 and M4 models while being available in the Deco M5 version. Additionally, I kindly request that you take appropriate measures to rectify this discrepancy, either through firmware updates or alternative solutions, to ensure a consistent and satisfactory user experience across all TP-Link Deco models.

As a loyal customer of TP-Link products, I trust that you will address this issue with the utmost priority and transparency. Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to a resolution that enhances the functionality and usability of the Deco S7 and M4 devices.

Thank you for your time and assistance in this matter. Should you require any further information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Options
10 Reply
Re: Complaint Regarding Lack of DynDNS Option in TP-Link Deco S7 and M4
2024-05-03 09:46:46 - last edited 2024-05-06 03:45:30

@Mdorta Deco M4 (V4) supports DynDNS, and M4 (V2) will support it when 1.7.0 firmware releases (currently on Beta). No idea about S7

Including M4, only 6 Deco routers support this feature btw

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-05-03 13:23:37 - last edited 2024-05-06 03:45:30

@ImtiazAli I understand, do you know if the official TPLINK support plans to add it to the S7 deco since I really need it.

We install this equipment model to our end clients and to carry out an implementation it is necessary that they admit this specific configuration with the dyndns provider.

In addition to this, do you know what is the list of decos that accept it?

Thank you very much

Options
2024-05-06 05:43:30

Mdorta wrote

do you know what is the list of decos that accept it?

@Mdorta  Deco M5, M9 Plus, X50, X55, XE75

Options
2024-05-13 18:58:38

@ImtiazAli 

OK, I have tried the tp link DNS service.

While I appreciate the convenience and functionality that TP-Link's DDNS service offers, I have noticed a significant delay in IP address updates.

Specifically, whenever my IP address changes, it takes approximately 15 minutes for the TP-Link DDNS service to reflect this change.

As someone who relies on this service for remote access and connectivity purposes, this delay can be quite inconvenient and disruptive to my workflow.

Therefore, I kindly request that TP-Link consider lowering the Time-to-Live (TTL) value for the DDNS records associated with its service. By reducing the TTL, the DDNS records would update more frequently, allowing for quicker synchronization between the dynamic IP address changes and the associated domain name.

Lowering the TTL for the TP-Link Official DDNS service would greatly improve its responsiveness and usability for users like myself who rely on real-time access to their devices and networks. I believe this adjustment would enhance the overall user experience and satisfaction with TP-Link products and services.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and any updates regarding the feasibility of implementing a lower TTL for the TP-Link Official DDNS service.

Best regards.

Options
2024-05-14 14:13:17

@Mdorta Have you tried changing the "update interval" settings under DynDNS in Deco app?

If that doesn't change anything, I think you need to open another thread requesting for lowering the TTL

Options
2024-05-14 15:02:10

@ImtiazAli 

I understand the point. Likewise, these tests are being carried out on an S7 deco unit. It does not have the possibility of adding DYNDNS and can only be configured with the DDNS from tplinkdns.com

We also have an M5 deco unit which allows DYNDNS to be configured and the shortest update time is 1 hour as we attach in the image.

I await your details

Options
2024-05-14 15:20:07

@Mdorta I see...that is indeed poor implementation.

Thanks for the screenshot

Options
2024-06-03 16:26:31

@ImtiazAli 

Good morning team,

we have a scheduled date for tplink to modify this in less than 1 hour.

Ideally, you should check it every minute.

I await your details.

Regards.

Options
2024-06-05 13:45:02

@Mdorta I don't understand what you mean.

Also, it looks like they released an "early access" 1.5.0 firmware for Deco S7, which supports DynDNS.

You can follow the progress here: Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More

Options
2024-06-05 14:51:52

@ImtiazAli The problem is that even though it is compatible with Dyndns at some point, the Dyndns update time is very high.

Since if you change the dynamic IP of said device in the middle of 1 hour, said service will be without external access with certain applications that need to be accessed externally until the IP is refreshed.

Ideally you would add a 1 minute refresh time to this setting.

I await your details.

Thank you very much for the support.

Regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 368

Replies: 10

Voters 2