Unstable connection

Unstable connection

13 Reply
Re:Unstable connection
2024-05-13 13:28:08

@David-TP Hi thanks for the reply.

-The work laptop stays in the same room most of the time, and it stays there for the duration of the video calls. 

-I will try to figure out the wireless driver

-The PC doesn't connect to the 6GHz network only the 5GHz. The 6GHz network is enabled, but it is seldom used. There are only a couple of devices that can connect to the 6GHz and since 6GHz is a separate network than the 2.4/5GHz network, and I have my Homeassistant connected to the 2.4/5GHZ network I usually just leave my phone connected to the 5GHz network. 

The issue is fairly frequent, I've had issues with other devices as well. I believe the issue is more widespread, but its not as noticeable with most internet usage. But any lag is very noticeble during video calls.

Does it make sense to disable the 6GHz or use it as a dedicated backhaul network even though all but one deco is connected via ethernet? Would that increase the system stability?

Thank you

Options
2024-05-14 02:28:14

@CharlesM99 

Hi, Thank you very much for getting back to me.

There is no need to disable 6GHz. Personally, I don't think it would make any difference.

In the meantime, I have forwarded your case to the senior engineer for further assistance. 

You could also update the email with the driver info of the work laptop.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
2024-05-15 09:29:24

Just want to let you know that we have similar problems. Both my girlfriend and i sit in separate rooms at home with our laptops and barely never move them around. Constantly issues with disconections and i can see it seems not related to switching AP (i have 2). At work where we have other brand both laptops connect instantly. 

I really believe that TP link need to dig into the unstability of theese products.

David-TP wrote

@CharlesM99 

Hi, Thank you very much for getting back to me.

There is no need to disable 6GHz. Personally, I don't think it would make any difference.

In the meantime, I have forwarded your case to the senior engineer for further assistance. 

You could also update the email with the driver info of the work laptop.

Thanks again and best regards.

@David-TP 

Options
Related Articles